Vospers has been the home of motoring in the south west for over 70 years and our success is built by and through our people. We have over 550 talented staff across our various sites throughout the West country; at its heart Vospers is still very much a family company.
We are proud that so many of our people stay with us and develop their careers at Vospers over the long term. Over 100 of our staff have completed between 10 and 40-years’ service with the company.
As a Vehicle Technician at Vospers Motor House Ltd, you will be carrying out service, repair and maintenance to customer’s vehicles ensuring that you carry out the highest possible standard commensurate with a high level of customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- To carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to customer’s vehicles.
- To perform duties in a safe and economical manner in line with HSE and Vospers Health and Safety practices.
- Take an active part in creating a positive team environment.
- To ensure all Vospers equipment and machinery is regularly checked and kept up to a satisfactory standard.
- To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance.
- Experience in a similar role is desired however full comprehensive training will be given.
- A relevant formal qualification in Automotive City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 or 3.
- A full Driving License.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to plan, organise and meet agreed work deadlines.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch. Every other Saturday 8.30am – 12.30pm
- A competitive salary
- Vospers holiday accrual scheme – starts at 30 days (including bank holidays) per annum pro rata and increases with length of service
- A day off for your birthday
- Half-day paid leave on Christmas Eve
- Paid sick leave
- Paid compassionate leave
- Paid jury service
- Contributory pension scheme
For some roles, you may also be entitled to:
- A company car
- Bonus & commission schemes
- Death in service cover
- Private healthcare