Trainee Sales Executive
Salary up to £25,000
1 in 2 weekends off
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Talks and listens to customers to build rapport and understand their requirements – both their stated and unconscious needs – to provide excellent customer service.
- Qualifies own understanding of the customer’s needs – through discussion and gauging the customer’s reaction to alternative options – to build the closest possible match between the product and customer.
- Demonstrates the most suitable options to the customer, understanding and adapting to their buying strategy and encouraging them to experience the product (e.g. test drive)
- In conjunction with a sales executive, they will use a good understanding of the customer’s needs to guide him/her towards the best choice for them.
- Works with a sales executive and line manager to develop the necessary skills to perform the duties of an experienced Sales executive.
- Assists in appraising the customer’s part exchange vehicle (checking documentation and obtaining quotes for any paint or repair work).
- Carry out test drives in conjunction with the sales executives.
- Reviews accessories and additional product options with the customer.
- Works with Sales Administration to confirm delivery date, notify the customer/ sales executive of any changes to the original schedule and assist with the vehicle handover.
- Assist with vehicle collection and deliveries.
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist e.g. fleet sales.
- Maintains the showroom environment and displays to agreed guidelines, including the presentation of used car point of sale data.
- To ensure that FCA Regulations are always adhered to, maintain a good working knowledge of FCA Regulations and achieve the appropriate compliance level during the FCA 12 monthly assessment process.
- Assistance with any other task as required.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Self confidence
- Influence and passion
- Initiative and decision making skills
- Numeracy skills
- Smart and presentable
- Enthusiastic about customer service
- PC literate
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount – We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint – Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance – Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters – As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back – We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.