Who are we?
We are part of Cox Enterprises, a family run business with a 120 year history of innovation and embracing the next big thing.We are the largest worldwide automotive services organisation and has 24,000+ team members across the globe supporting over 40,000 customers.
We thrive on what makes us different – and we empower our people, clients and communities to come together and celebrate each other’s unique abilities and perspectives. Inclusion is an essential part of both our culture and our business strategy. This is one of the reasons we have been awarded 2nd best Automotive company to work for in the UK by Best Companies and 9th best company overall in the UK.
Cox Automotive are committed to growing and developing new talent through our Apprenticeship programmes, we promise to provide you with the knowledge and tools to start and progress through your career.
Main purpose of the job:
Reporting to the Technical Manager, key objectives a Workshop Controller will have in their role includes ensuring quality control of the mechanical workshop, daily management of the mechanical technicians & work load, parts are correctly ordered, conducting audits on the team’s work and general compliance. There will also be a focus on ensuring the correct health and safety standards/procedures.
- Daily Management and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales
- Managing technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations.
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges to identify solutions
- Liaison with the parts department
- Ensuring standards are adhered to
- Liaising with other departments with regards to any queries as the workshop representative
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind