As a Master Technician reporting into the Aftersales Manager your main responsibilities will be the ongoing service, repair, diagnose and inspection checks of vehicles. If you have an MOT licence you may be required to carry out MOTs.
Working closely with the Workshop Controller you will work through your allocated jobs and feedback to the front of house Service Advisor team with any additional works or escalation the customer needs to be made aware of.
As part of our service to all our customers we offer a ‘see it now’ service where we record on camera any work that needs to be completed on customers vehicles as well as vehicle health checks.
More about the role:
- Provide advice, support and guidence to Technician team
- Diagnose complex vehicle jobs and recommend repair
- Provide additional work detail to customers and/or Service Advisors
- Provide regular work status updates
- Work to health and safety guidelines at all times
- Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others
- Check level and quality of work through use of diagnostic equipment and road testing vehicles after work has been carried out
- Complete relevant service documentation (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with HSO, warranty and Dealership requirements
- Accurately complete job cards and DISS reports, including any written descriptions of faults found or repairs completed
- Work closely with Warranty support to provide accurate job write ups/warranty claims
More about you:
- L3 qualification in vehicle service and repair
- Previous experience as a Senior Technician or Diagnostic Technician from a franchised dealership
- Ability to coach and work with the wider team
- Team player
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Must hold a valid driving licence
A bit more about the family
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete parts. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live Our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years!
Benefits of working for Swansway Group:
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance (death in service benefit)
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Long service recognition
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab
- Discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive, in an inclusive family atmosphere, apply to join us now!