Do you excel in being able to manage a team and have experience with managing and developing relationships of multiple key accounts? This is a full time, permanent position based at our head office in Bradford. In return, we can offer you a highly rewarding salary, alongside a bonus scheme as well as a generous benefits program.
Advanced Supply Chain Group are looking to appoint a Head of Freight-Forwarding, you will be experienced in managing a team who collectively look after our Ocean & Air operations across the business. You will be making sure they are resourced well, and continuously providing a first-class service to our key clients which showcases Advances’ ability to be agile and innovative. You will report directly into the Operations Manager and work closely with the wider management team. Our Head of Freight-Forwarding will also be managing, and processing Import and Export jobs from quotation through to delivery, whilst continuing to meet and exceed to our set sales and profit targets.
Key Responsibilities of our Head of Freight-Forwarding:
- Lead, develop and support a team of individuals who report directly into yourself, by coaching them through best practices and skills they need to achieve and excel
- P&L responsibility and reporting to the Ops Director on all P&L activity vs Budget
- Manage the teams performance by implementing key KPI’s as well as develop KPI’s for customers
- Support Key Accounts team to deliver P&L targets related to European, global key accounts, directly for markets where we don’t have offices, and through local origination for markets where we have offices
- Work closely with your colleagues to ensure we maintain the highest possible operational performance and customer service
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers, internal stakeholders and suppliers assisting in resolving any concerns and implementing any corrective action.
Skills and Experience of our Head of Fright-Forwarding:
- Extensive Ocean Freight Knowledge on both Import & Export
Airfreight Knowledge on both Imports & Exports
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the customer facing Track and Trace system
- A high drive to deliver excellent customer service
- High commercial focus and the ability to maximise opportunities for the business and the customer
What you will get in return as out Head of Freight-Forwarding:
In return, we can offer a range of exciting benefits from a highly rewarding bonus scheme, company phone, company laptop, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays). Work social events and fun team days out, 25% ASOS discount code (after 6 months). Accesses to Reward Gateway giving discounts off high-street retailers, supermarkets such as Curry’s, River Island, Boot’s and many more!