Western Nissan, Stirling
Salary up to £37,440 + bonus earning opportunity
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
What does the job entail?
- Carrying out work provided competently and within the required timescales, ensuring consistently high levels of quality, workmanship and customer service are maintained.
- Systematically diagnosing complex faults using the corresponding diagnostic tools, facilities, road testing; liaising with customers if required.
- Arranging for the necessary repair work to be carried out using the prescribed tools and equipment; controlling/carrying out adjustments which the diagnosis reveals are necessary; supervising/ensuring the required accuracy and quality of work.
- Documenting diagnostic procedures in a suitable diagnostic database.
- In cases of complex technical problems, approaching the corresponding contact persons in the relevant Support Centre; establishing and fostering working relationships with central service units.
- Assisting colleagues in the workshop, sharing best practice.
- Advising and supporting other technicians during complex diagnosis, assisting them with fault-finding and subsequent solutions.
- With the agreement of the Service Advisor, carrying out final checks of repaired vehicles in respect of repairs done, roadworthiness and operational reliability, using test and measuring equipment.
- Explaining diagnostic results to the customer.
- Compiling technical product reports on vehicle defects, descriptions of causes and suitable optimisation measures.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment and tools.
- Ensuring parts for warranty and R&M Claims are retained, cleaned and drained of oil.
- Developing and maintaining skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles; maintaining thorough/current product knowledge.
- Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required.
What are we looking for?
- Time served technician with diagnostic experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Quality focused and reliable
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer oriented
- PC literate
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount – We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint – Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance – Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters – As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back – We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.