Thank you for your interest in a career with Eastern Western Motor Group! With 1,500 employees across 38 locations in Scotland, we work with some of the world’s best loved brands! If you haven’t already, why not browse around our Company website, reading up on our brands and immerse yourself in our history? As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career with Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our employees and customers are so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to begin a career in the motor industry, working for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, manufacturer accredited training and a team of highly experienced mentors to support you.
What does the job entail?
Completing the manufacturer’s apprenticeship training program, learning and developing all aspects of the Service Advisor role including:
- Maintaining the Service Reception area to a high standard, ensuring displays, prices, etc. are current
- Greeting customers in a welcoming and friendly manner, both in person and by telephone
- Assessing the customers’ needs
- Advising on service and/or repair requirements
- Supplying accurate estimates for servicing and repairs, ensuring the customer is aware of costs and timescales involved
- Accurately recording work instructions and communicating these with the Workshop
- Maintaining dialogue with the Workshop Controller regarding the progress of work, communicating with customer to keep them informed of the progress of their vehicle
- Contacting customers for authorisation if additional work is necessary
- Selling additional products and services
- Preparing invoices and obtaining payment
- Maintaining the customer record system, using this to follow up with customers
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of vehicle service, repair and warranty policies
- Handling customer complaints, ensuring an effective solution is agreed in an efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- Dedication to learning, development and training
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Commitment to providing high quality work
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- PC literate
In addition, we offer a first class employee benefits package including:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount – We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint – Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping! Discounts are subject to change but here are a few examples of the amazing savings you can expect: Debenhams – 20%; Boots – 11%; House of Fraser – 12%; Expedia – 12%; Costa – 15%
- Generous Holiday Allowance – Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters – As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back – We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.