At Need To Know Motors (NTKM) we take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
Here we describe what information we collect from you, how it is used, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
- You have the ability not to receive marketing communications from us;
- We won’t send you ‘junk’ emails or communications
- We won’t pass your data onto to a third party who might send you junk;
- We work with partners who help us provide some services to you but we will tell you who they are and they only have access to information they need to fulfil that service, within current data protection legislation.
NTKM may email you you to review any services and/or products you received from us to collect your feedback and improve our services [and products] (the “Purpose”).
NTKM may also use such reviews in other promotional material and media for our advertising and promotional purposes.
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect this personal information about you when you register with us, when you express an interest in us or when you purchase products or services from us; when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
This personal information may include:
- Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status;
How will we use the information about you?
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information:
- Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website are more useful and enjoyable
- To undertake market analysis and research
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us.
- To send you invitations (unless you object)
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you)
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Correct and update your information
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see the section above called ‘how we use your personal information’
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us at email@example.com by using our website www.needtoknowmotors.com, or phoning us on 0788 1953 700.
Cookies are small files sent from our website to your computer or mobile phone to improve your user experience. They do this by remembering you and your personal preferences, such as your location.
We can only read cookies that are served from our website and will never share this information with any third parties.
1) Anonymous Analytical Cookies
The analytical cookies that we use store anonymous information about which pages people visit, how long they are on the site, how they got there and what they click on. Information supplied by these cookies help us to analyse the profile of our visitors, make sure our websites are meeting your needs and how we could provide you with an improved experience. Anonymous analytical cookies do not collect or store your personal information (for example, names or addresses), so this information cannot be used to identify you.
2) Customer Feedback Questionnaires
We value your opinion so from time to time we ask for feedback on our websites via online surveys. Cookies will be used here to make sure that you don’t get repeat invitations to take part.
How to manage cookies
If your browser preferences allow it, most websites will send cookies to your computer or mobile phone. However, you can change these settings. How you do this varies with each browser, though more often than not it will be through the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ tab.
For the best possible experience of Need To Know Motors online, we strongly recommend you leave cookies on.
What do I do now?
In order to enjoy the best possible experience of our website we recommend that you leave your cookies settings as they are.
How can you change your cookie settings?
Users can control cookies via their browser settings. Please visit these links to find out more
- To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and while we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us?’).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see above);
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us or use the notification section on our website (see ‘How to contact us?’);
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How to contact us?’). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any emails. It may take up to 7 days for this to take place
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
Changes to the privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this statement in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see above).
How to contact us
If you need any further information regarding this Privacy Statement or data protection please contact Andy Evans on 0788 1953 700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org